What is heart disease?
Coughs and colds are probably diseases that we all can pray for. Why, you ask me. That's because there are some immediate symptoms of these infections.
There may be no symptom for diseases like heart diseases.
There are many ways to define heart disease. It typically is some abnormality with the functioning of the heart. When the normal functioning of the heart is hampered by some internal or external agents, heart disease can occur.
Function of the Heart:
The basic function of the heart is to act like a pump. Impure blood is pumped into the heart and pure blood gets pumped out. Therefore, if one part of this pump is not behaving as per instructions, there may be dire implications.
Different Kinds of Heart Disease:
Though we all think that heart disease is primarily coronary heart diseases, there are many more conditions that can afflict the heart. Coronary heart disease is heart attack. The rest are:
1. Arrhythmia or problem in heart rhythms
2. Congenital heart condition or hole in the heart
3. Valve problem
5. Marfans Syndrome
6. Vascular heart disease
Some of these conditions are present during birth in people and some develop during the person's lifetime. In fact, most heart diseases develop due to the individual's lifestyle.
1. Coronary artery disease is caused when the arteries of the heart are blocked or narrowed due to accumulation of plaque.
2. Congenital heart disease occurs when the heart grows some defect. This could be when the baby is still growing in the foetus or even during adulthood.
3. Valve problem occurs when the valves of the heart stop functioning as per expectation. This may be congenital or can be acquired due to some infection or comprise in immunity.
4. Pericarditis occurs when the lining of the heart gets inflamed due to infection.
5. Marfans syndrome is a genetic condition where the valve's may function inappropriately leading to death too.
6. Vascular heart disease occurs when the arteries of the heart develop a problem.
Physicians across the world feel that taking care of a few things can impact the growth of heart conditions in global population. These are the things you can do to prevent heart conditions:
1. Eat regularly and eat fibrous vegetables.
2. Drink a lot of water.
3. Do aerobic exercise like walking, jogging, swimming, every day for a minimum of 15 minutes.
4. Keep low stress levels by doing meditation or some form of stress-free games or activities.
Heart disease statistics:
Alternative Heart Disease Remedies:
Alternative Treatment for Silent Killer The Heart and Vascular System is a very large system of body. Its primary function is to deliver food and oxygen to cells and remove cellular waste. Heart disease is usually referred as silent killer as...
Arteriosclerotic Heart Disease:
Atherosclerosis Atherosclerosis is a common disorder of the arteries.The word atherosclerosis comes from two Greek words athero (meaning paste) and sclerosis (hardness). It means in plain language hardening of Blood vessels. What is...
Causes of Heart Disease
to the World Health Organization the cardiovascular disease causes 12 million deaths in the world each year. This disease is responsible for half of all deaths in the United States and to other developed countries as it is a main cause of death in...
Folic acid and heart disease:
that elevated homocysteine level is an independent risk factor for heart disease and stroke. The evidence suggests that the high levels of homocysteine may damage coronary arteries and makes it easier for blood clotting cells called platelets to...
Heart disease Prevention:
may be inaccurate or incomplete. None of these methods guarantee prevention of Heart disease. Such as Control weigh, Healthy diet, Low-fat diet, Quit smoking, Physical activity, Control diabetes, Control blood pressure, Control cholesterol, Folic...
Information on heart disease:
What do you mean by heart disease? Heart disease is a cardiovascular disease that affects the function of heart to circulate fresh oxygenated blood to the cells in the body. Heart disease can be a cause of any disorder or disability in...
Ischaemic heart disease:
Ischaemic heart disease is a medical term commonly known as Coronary artery disease of the heart. It is a malfunction of the coronary artery caused that supply less or no blood to the heart. Coronary artery disease or ischaemic heart disease is one...
Stop Heart Disease:
Coronary artery disease (CAD) is the term used to describe the gradual narrowing of the coronary arteries. Today we know about the major controllable risk factors for coronary artery disease. A risk factor merely increases the probability of...
Valvular Heart Disease:
normal conditions, the heart valves let blood to flow in only one direction. The four heart valves are: 1. Tricuspid valve, located between the right atrium and right ventricle; 2. Pulmonary valve, between the right ventricle and the pulmonary...
What is heart disease?
The Heart of the Matter: Coughs and colds are probably diseases that we all can pray for. Why, you ask me. That's because there are some immediate symptoms of these infections. There may be no symptom for diseases like heart diseases. ...
|© heart-disease.com 2006|